Lights, camera, action! 15 Belfast businesses are recognized at the Belfast Business Awards
Photo: The team from Exterion Media proud to be sponsors of Business Growth Category at the Belfast Business Awards.
Celebrating, rewarding and recognising excellence was the order of the evening at Wednesday night’s Belfast Business Awards.
Held in Belfast’s most iconic building, City Hall, over 15 businessmen and women took to the stage to collect their highly coveted award from the evening’s hosts Sarah Travers and Marc Mallet. A further nine businesses received Highly Commended.
Dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the business award world, the Belfast Business Awards were back in true style after a three-year hiatus, with world-class entertainment and over 400 guests in attendance from the world of politics, business and showbiz.
Speaking about the awards, Paul McMahon, President of Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce said:
“This evening’s awards are a testimony to the outstanding calibre of businesses and their staff that we have in our capital city – highlighting the scale of excellence. I am both proud and honoured to be able to recognize and reward the very best of what Belfast has to offer. Tonight we have seen representation from well known big-scale businesses from Boots who won Customer Service Excellence to the smaller independents such as James Street South who won best eatery – no matter what scale the business, even to be shortlisted is a fantastic testimony to their success.
The business community of Belfast has proven itself once more to be on a par with the best in the world, just to see and hear the level of entries is outstanding and inspirational".
The winners of the Belfast Business Awards were:
- Best New Business – Crumlin Road Gaol
- Customer Service Excellence – Boots
- Best Eatery/Coffee Shop – Bar & Grill at James Street South
- Best Marketing Initiative – Abacus Recruitment
- Business Person of the Year – Sandra Corkin of Oasis Travel Sandra
- Best Hotel – The Merchant Hotel
- Customer Service Excellence, Independent Retailer – Scooter Specialist NI
- Best Digital Marketing – The MAC
- Customer Service Excellence, Professional Business Service – Dunmurray Dental Practice
- Best Licensed Premises – The Albany
- Young Business Person (U30)- Katie Stevenson and Sarah Graham – La Bella Vita
- Best Green Business – Ikea
- Best Company to Work for Award – Allstate Northern Ireland
- Business Growth Award (sponsored by Exterion Media)– World Travel Centre Ltd
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Jim Fitzpatrick
Photo: Ryan Hoy, Marketing Manager at Exterion Media with Business Growth Category winners, World Travel Centre Ltd.
For more information visit www.belfastbusinessawards.co.uk