Manchester Metrolink Advertising
The Manchester tram network carries 34 million people a year and it’s growing fast – in fact, the current fleet of 100 trams will rise to 120 by 2017. Over 2.7m live in Greater Manchester, and the city attracts over 90 million visitors each year. What’s more, one million people walk along Market Street - one of Metrolink’s City Centre stops – each week. This presents a real opportunity for advertisers wishing to reach consumers in some of the most lucrative advertising locations in North West England.
With two main Universities close to the city centre, Manchester has a strong student base as well as robust sense of history and culture, making Manchester the dynamic, multicultural city that it is. Its residents belong to educated young people privately renting in neighbourhoods aged 18-35, alongside families with children in low cost housing.
The people who are out-of-home most in Manchester are those advertisers want to reach: 30% own or are buying their home, 47% are ABC1, 28% are more likely to be in a professional occupation and don't try to avoid advertising on our media. See Manchester advertising.
Why advertise on the Manchester Metrolink?
- 120 trams live on the network - Overall capacity of over 200 passengers per tram
- 93,000 passenger journeys a day, over 34 million a year
- The whole fleet covers 520,000 miles every four weeks, including sites of interest such as Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester Arena and The Printworks
- Light rail network (combination of rail track and street mode lined by pavements packed with shoppers, commuters and people on leisure trips)
- Each tram spends 16.5 hours a week in and around Manchester City Centre, providing 904 hours exposure each week for the whole fleet
(Sources: TfGM 2015, ORR 2015-16, TGI)
Below is a full list of all available production specifications for Manchester’s Metrolink.
Tram / Metrolink
Contact our Manchester Office
Address: Exterion Media Manchester. 2nd Floor, The Guardian Print Centre, Longbridge Road, Parkway Estate, Manchester M17 1SN 0161 694 6347
Our Manchester office covers Liverpool, Bolton, Rochdale, Stockport, Warrington and Wigan.