Advertising in Hull
Hull lies on the coast of the UK, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, with a population of over a quarter of a million. Being so close to the coast, Hull acts as one of the UK’s main gateways to Europe with journeys to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge, drawing in travellers from across the UK.
Hull has recently been announced as the proud winner of the 2017 City of Culture award. In preparation the city now plans to deliver a spectacular programme of artistic excellence and events on a scale never before seen in the city – enticing visitors from the UK and beyond (Source: Visit Hull).
If you are looking to establish and grow your brand in Hull, Exterion Media provides unparalleled coverage to over 60% of the Hull audience on a weekly basis (Source: TGI).
Hull has a young population, with a prevalence of 15-34 year olds (Source: Experian). This is partly due to the large presence of the University of Hull, hosting 18,000 students each year (Source: Hull History Centre).The younger demographic make a very desirable audience, being early adopters of technology and more open to trying new products.
The area has a strong manufacturing and production industry, with many employed in manual work, as well as a large rugby following, being in a unique position as the only city with two teams in the super league- Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull Football Club.
Why advertise with Exterion Media in Hull?
Exterion Media has an exciting portfolio in Hull which provides the most effective way of advertising to this valuable audience. Choose from;
- Bus advertising: With a fleet of up to 250 buses, split between Stagecoach and East Yorkshire Motors, Exterion Media provides you with the opportunity to reach the heart of the community on a vast scale.
- Rail advertising: Exterion Media’s rail formats allow businesses the opportunity to reach those commuting in and out of Hull with advertising space at Hull train station.
Advertising with Exterion Media delivers far wider coverage than press and radio and enables businesses to engage with urban audiences on the move.
- 75% of the Hull population regularly travel by Bus- Buses go where people go!
- 221,000 of Hull population have seen bus advertising this week- They’re everywhere!
- 36% of those in Hull regularly travel by rail, and those who do are 72% more likely to be ABC1- It’s your ticket to a First Class Audience!
- Exterion Media unparalleled coverage in Hull, reaching 62% of the population weekly compared to commercial radio reaching 35% and local weekly papers reaching 18% (Source: TGI).