Information Systems Director
Apply for this role
Exterion is looking for a Director of Information Systems that will provide the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing technology initiatives that create customer and/or business value. Responsibilities include influencing and directing the Company’s IT infrastructure and applications evolution to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and agility. The IS Director will ensure that the technology stack is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound in line with business needs. The position requires both creative and analytical skills with a focus in communication, planning, attention to detail, and natural leadership skills.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Ownership of the Architecture (Application and Infrastructure) to enable the provision of all service offerings 24x7x365
• Accountable for the Information security function, leveraging leading security standards and practices for designing future state solutions by understanding the business goals
• Creation and maintenance of enterprise security policies, controls, and standards.
• Responsible for all aspects of business continuity and disaster recovery in relation to any element of infrastructure and application service to ensure the continued provision of all services in any situation
• Proposing desired architecture based on solid risk assessment and evaluation of available technology and controls.
• Subject matter expertise across applications, data, database, middleware, server computing, network (Intranet/Extranet/Internet), security, and client platform.
• Conceptualize and build end-to-end solutions, re-usable components and frameworks for Cloud Services and Cloud Operations
• Contribute to the roadmap and drive the technical feature set and architecture
• Manage the tracking of technology trends, conceptualising new solutions / components / enhancements and actively participate in architecting and deploying out solutions for the overall benefit of the business
• Working closely with vendors to ensure that all systems are fully functional, properly maintained and desired fail over systems are fully operational.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Capable of building, managing and a leading a first-class IS function – must have a good track record in recruiting and developing excellent people
• Natural hands-on leadership skills and have a pragmatic business focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike
• Aggressive and energetic in the pursuit of objectives and will measure success in business terms
• Change Agent – must proactively and passionately support, manage and drive all change initiatives with a ‘can-do’ attitude and help to win the hearts and minds of peers, colleagues and outsourced team members alike to help drive the changes required
• Extensive experience in software engineering and application development methodologies in a complex multi-project environment
• Organised with the ability to implement systems and process to bring structure to a function whilst retaining the flexibility required to manage effectively in a business undergoing growth and change
• Sets extremely high standards for self and team. Provides strong leadership but encourages input from the team in the decision making process and possesses good team-building skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Good negotiation and presentation skills. Must have the credibility and commercial maturity necessary to lead senior management meetings internally and within suppliers and customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this role
• Will be driven by a sharp sense of customer focus and will strive to deliver service levels that set the benchmark for the industry
• A pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under pressure of constant change and moving objectives.
• Strongly performance orientated and accountable
• 10+ years of overall management experience with a minimum of 5 years in virtualization, cloud computing, internet scale application architectures, clustering and high availability, storage and networking architectures.
• Thorough understanding and experience in delivery of large scale software engineering projects
• Distributed components based software development (Application Servers, Web Services, Chef, J2EE, Portlets, ESB, SOAM SDP)
• Architecture & Design, Integration with 3rd Party COTS/Open Source components, RAS, Security
• Languages (JAVA, Python, Perl, C++, Linux Scripting) Productivity tools (Eclipse, CVS), Methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, TD)