Apply for this role
Salary: £35 - £40,000, depending on experience
Purpose of the role
To lead the development and delivery of the regional marketing plan, in close collaboration with Head of Marketing & Brand Communications, the Local Sales Director and the wider marketing and sales teams. This role provides clear direction and leadership to the Regional Marketing team in London, Birmingham and Leeds, ensuring they deliver against the marketing plan, helping to drive incremental revenue from both new and existing customers in their regions.
Measures of Success
- Agrees and delivers the regional marketing activity plan on time and within budget.
- Drives the usage of Pardot, the regional CRM tool.
- Measures and reports back on marketing collateral usage, using insights to plan ahead.
- Leading the team and raising the profile of the Regional Marketing Team across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic Marketing & BD Planning
- Development and delivery of the regional marketing plan - by identifying needs within EM Local for each region in collaboration with the Head of Marketing and Brand Communications, Local Sales Director and Regional Marketing Executives.
- Clear, collaborative management of the Regional Marketing function, always looking to align resources and drive revenue earning marketing campaigns.
- Overall management of Pardot, Exterion Media’s CRM tool.
- Working closely with the National Marketing and Brand Comms teams, ensuring strategies and plans are aligned.
- Ensuring close communication across the regions and sharing of best practice.
- Communication of the regional marketing plan across the business – of upcoming activity as well as the reporting back of success and recommendations.
- Working in close conjunction with Marketing, Sales, Research and Insights teams to develop attractive offers for retention and acquisition campaigns.
- Working alongside the wider teams to ensure the work developed at a national level for agencies and specialists is implemented at a regional level.
- Also to ensure the activity developed at a national level takes into account the varying needs of the region.
- Working with Brand Comms team to sign off all printed collateral, and develop and build the Exterion Media Brand in the regions.
- Providing detailed analysis of marketing campaigns, through Pardot and across the marketing plan, and using this analysis to guide thinking on future marketing campaigns.
- Manage and ensure flow of reporting information from the team out to the regions.
- Develop strategies to effectively use Exterion Media’s CRM tool to drive sales.
- Plan, agree and implement regional e-marketing campaigns, report and communicate campaign effectiveness.
- Acquisition of data to target key verticals and subsequent management of data within Exterion Media’s database.
Leadership & Management
- Line management responsibility for four Regional Marketing & BD Executives based out of London, Birmingham and Leeds.
- Oversee the work of all regional executives, ensuring clear direction so they can deliver against the regional marketing plan.
- Championing team learning and development, ensuring they are supported and empowered to do a great job.
- Raising the profile of the team and the work they do across the business.
- Proactive and highly organised able to project manage various projects, tasks and campaigns to tight deadlines
- Proven campaign management skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A highly motivated, results focused and conscientious individual with the ability to be self-motivated as well as work within a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), inter-personal and customer care skills
- Ability to Proven problem solving capability
- Experience in commercial e-marketing/direct marketing roles, in medium size companies/multinational environment, preferably B2B
- Comprehensive, working knowledge of the media industry is desirable
- Online marketing experience essential
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management techniques and implementation tools, preferably SalesForce
- Must be computer literate with intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and database knowledge
- Very strong copy-writing skills Intermediate knowledge of HTML
- Ideally of graduate calibre, ideally with a professional marketing or relevant qualification