National Marketing Manager
Purpose of the role
To develop and lead the successful execution of the National Marketing plan for Exterion Media, working closely with the Marketing and Commercial Strategy Director, Head of Marketing, wider team Managers and National Sales Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the planning and execution of all national marketing activity for Exterion Media, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with Marketing Director and Head of Marketing to develop annual marketing strategy.
- To align marketing plans with the overarching objectives of the business, and flex the plans to reflect commercial priorities as required.
- Supporting key sales initiatives (e.g. launches and events) and accompany the sales team regularly on key pitches & presentations.
- To promote, inspire and optimise the use of marketing material throughout the business, making sure material is clearly and regularly communicated, and understood both internally and externally.
- To manage three full time marketers, giving clear leadership and making sure they are working efficiently to deliver on time whilst developing their skills.
- Learning and proficiency in key tools such as (but not limited to) ROUTE, WARC, Nielson, TGI, Pardot – ensuring the wider team are trained wherever appropriate to drive efficient workflows across the business.
- Overall management of the National Marketing budget, planning and managing all allocated budget effectively across the year.
- Develop and foster relationships with key marketing teams across Out-of-Home specialists and agencies, aligning plans and leveraging value.
- Encourage and drive creativity across the marketing and sales teams, proactively working with people across the business and industry to drive fresh ideas and thinking.
- Working closely with Research and Design functions.
- Confident and resilient – able to work well with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-motivated, naturally driven to get things completed.
- Strong multitasking skills, able to manage multiple teams and deliver projects.
- Able to work in an agile way – showing flexibility and being comfortable with adapting plans to fit changing commercial priorities.
- Able to build strong relationships across a corporate environment.
- Creative thinking.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in commercial marketing roles, preferably B2B.
- Comprehensive, working knowledge of advertising, marketing, media or a related industry.
- Experience in successfully leading a team.
- Experience in research-led marketing and knowledge of industry tools – for example TGI, Touchpoints, WARC, Nielsen, Mintel, Pardot.
- Educated to degree level preferred
- Team Structure & Direct Reports
- Three direct reports: Senior Executive, Executive and Assistant.
- Reports to Head of Marketing