Advertising in Newcastle
With a population of nearly 300,000 Newcastle upon Tyne is the most populous city in the North East (Source: Experian). The city has something for everyone: from historic sites, to sightseeing cruises up the River Tyne, to a vibrant nightlife and enough shops to keep the keenest shoppers engrossed for hours.
With a well-connected rail network to Scotland and London, people travel from across the UK for weekends in the City- exploring its culture, historic sites and renowned nightlife.
With so much to do the city attracts a diverse audience, many visiting the city for leisure looking for inspiration of where to go and what to buy.
Newcastle is home to two Universities making it is no surprise that the city has a young population with almost twice as many 20-24 year olds compared to the UK average.
The younger demographic make a very desirable audience, being early adopters of technology and more open to trying new products and services.
Why us Exterion Media in Newcastle?
Exterion Media has an exciting portfolio in Newcastle which provides businesses with unparalleled coverage in the city reaching 67% of the population weekly. Choose from;
- Bus advertising: With around 274 buses based in Newcastle, Exterion Media provides you with the opportunity to reach the heart of the community on a vast scale.
- Rail advertising: Exterion Media provides you with the opportunity to advertise to those commuting into Newcastle with advertising space at railway stations in the surrounding area.
- Tyne and Wear Metro advertising: The Metro is an environment like no other in the North East. It connects Newcastle with various historic attractions and the sandy beaches at Whitley Bay and Tynemouth. With 60 stations carrying passengers across the city it allows you to reach consumers at the point of purchase as they commute into town.
Advertising with Exterion Media delivers far wider coverage than press and radio and enables businesses to engage with urban audiences on the move.
- 64% of the Newcastle population have seen bus advertising this week! They’re everywhere!
- 38% of Newcastle residents regularly travel by rail, and those who do are nearly 40% more likely to be ABC1- It’s your ticket to a First Class Audience! (Source: TGI)
- 31.6% of passengers use Metro to travel for shopping or leisure, providing you with the perfect opportunity to influence their purchasing decisions on route (Source: Tyne and Wear Metro)
- 46.7% of Metro users are frequent users, travelling on it five or more times per week and providing repeated exposure to ads (Source: Tyne and Wear Metro)
- Only 28% of the Newcastle audience read a regional daily paper, while 44% listen to commercial radio (Source: TGI)