Access a huge audience travelling in and around Glasgow
With a population of over 600,000, Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and the fourth largest in the UK (Source: Experian). Glasgow offers a blend of internationally-acclaimed museums and galleries, stunning architecture, vibrant nightlife, fantastic shopping and a diverse array of restaurants and bars (Source: Visit Scotland).
Boasting the UK's largest retail phalanx outside London, Glasgow is a shopaholic's paradise. The 'Style Mile' around Buchanan St, Argyle St and Merchant City is a fashion hub, while the West End has quirkier, more bohemian shopping options (Source: Lonely Planet).
Exterion Media offers business of all sizes affordable, workable and successful OOH advertising opportunities on Glasgow's buses and trains
Facts & Figures
- Glasgow is the largest city region in Scotland representing roughly a third of the country's population
- 60% of Glasgow population regularly travel by Bus!
- 370,000 in Glasgow have seen bus advertising this week- They’re everywhere!
- 45% of Glasgow residents regularly travel by rail, and those who do are nearly 20% more likely to be ABC1- It’s your ticket to a First Class Audience!
- Only 25% of the Glasgow audience read a regional daily paper, while 38% listen to commercial radio (Source:TGI)
- Over 190,000 students, the majority rely on public transport
- Over 100,000 commuters in and out of the city
- Over 33% of Glaswegians use bus and trains to commute to work
- 41% of its population aged 15-34
- Tourism action plan launched aimed at generating an additional 1m visitors by end of strategy lifetime
More shops means a larger outdoor advertising audience
Known as the best shopping experience outside of London, and having the second largest retail area in the UK, Glasgow attracts shoppers from across the UK, as a result a large proportion of those in Glasgow are shoppers looking to splash their cash.
Glasgow has an extremely young population with 41% of its population aged 15-34. This is largely due to its strong student population with four Universities in a 10 mile radius of the city centre, and three higher education colleges, making Glasgow a major centre of education and academic research. The younger demographic make a very desirable audience, being early adopters of technology and more open to trying new products and services.
Contact Exterion Media
Units F-H, Woodville Court, Woodville Street, Ibrox, Glasgow G51 2RL | Tel: 0800 80 85 619 | Find us